PR in Ukraine
The Ukrainian media landscape is diverse and keeps on growing — a lot of local business and tech media have been launched recently, and more niche or so-called micro-media have been launched even after the war started. The media pays more and more attention to the business and tech areas, so all the general outlets are actively taking part in covering those sectors as well.
Recently, different global media outlets have launched their Ukrainian editions. For instance, both the Washington Post and The New York Times have opened their offices in Kyiv recently. Ukraine has become the hot spot that generates and distributes news for the whole world.
Companies we work with get covered in:
How much does PR cost in Ukraine?
Different PR services have different costs in Ukraine and may vary depending on the exact scope of work and sector. For instance, single preparation and distribution of a press release varies from $700 to $2300, organization of events with the attendance of the media may cost from $700 to $3000 and development of a PR strategy, in most of the cases starts from $1700 and may reach $3000 or more. Emergency response to a PR crisis varies from 1000$ to more than 2500$.
Regular fees for a longer cooperation (3 months and more) start from $3000.
Tech PR Agency in Ukraine
SLOVA Tech PR, founded in 2013 by Viroslava Novosylna, has been the first agency in Ukraine to focus on tech. The agency is a foremost VC PR partner and organizes educational events for tech companies as well as mentorship programs for startups. They work with international unicorns and help them to build media presence in Ukraine
SLOVA has been a co-creator of a non-profit community for female leaders — Wtech — with 4000 members in Ukraine and worldwide. Currently, it has representative offices of Wtech in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Spain, Netherlands, Cyprus, and Germany. Since 2018, they have been supporting gender diversity in IT-companies.
In Ukraine we have worked for:
PR services in Ukraine
- Media relations are based on mutually beneficial interactions between journalists, editors, and public relations specialists. Their purpose is to communicate a client’s relevant and newsworthy message in a suitable media outlet — press, YouTube, podcasts.
- Content writing is producing marketing content such as blog posts, press releases, webpages or whitepapers to reach the targeted audience. It aims to increase traffic to a client’s website and to fulfill certain marketing objectives.
- Event presence is an opportunity to showcase a client to the general public and/or prospects and expand their network. It also includes inviting key media workers and thus aims to increment the client’s visibility in media.
- Market research is often useful to prepare a brand to enter a given market. In such a case it consists of a thorough analysis of the presence of the brand and its competitors, as well as their presence in the media and social networks. Research — e.g. surveys — can also be commissioned to a research agency to obtain valuable content that can attract the attention of the press and the client’s target audience.
- Media training aims to guide a client on how to interact with media. It improves their communication skills and provides them with tools to deliver an effective and credible message helping to get more media coverage.
- Reputation management is shaping positive public perception and opinion about a client. It consists in an active and regular monitoring of client’s mentions, mainly online, and reacting to them.
- Crisis management starts with creating a plan and strategy in case an unexpected PR crisis arises. Its goal is to minimise the impact of negative publicity and media mentions, as well as to reduce the potential damage the crisis may cause to the client.
- PR-support 360° which includes press and communication, organizations of collaborations, select relevant YouTube channels and podcasts for conveying company’s key messages. This also includes work with ambassadors and influencers, finding speaker opportunities as well as seeking for awards, nominations, ratings.